1. Our approach to handling your data
Dave Conservatoire (operated by Pentachord Ltd.) is committed to protecting your privacy. On this page we set out why we collect information from you, what we do with that information and what your rights are. Personal information or data is any information that can be used to identify you as an individual.
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) defines personal data as information relating to a person which can identify that person. The regulations require us to ensure that data shall be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
Why do we need your data?
Users of Dave Conservatoire services:
We need to know your some items of personal data in order to provide you with the services we offer and to comply with our legal obligations including paying tax.
This data includes:
- Your name and email address.
- The country where your credit card was issued
- The country you make any purchases from, as determined by your ISP
Under the GDPR, this usage of your information is described as ‘performance of a contract’.
Additionally, we may ask if you would like to receive updates on future events and services, provide feedback on events or services, or receive other offers and communications. Under the GDPR, this usage of your information requires your explicit, opt-in consent. When we request your consent to use your information, we will make it clear what the information will be used for. You are able to withdraw this consent at any time (for example by unsubscribing from email updates).
Other data subjects:
Dave Conservatoire also collects and holds data on visitors to Dave Conservatoire's public websites, those who contact us by any other means, customers, suppliers and those contacted by Dave Conservatoire in the course of our business. This data will be stored and managed in accordance with the relevant sections of the GDPR.
What do we do with your data?
Your data is stored in a secure database which is only accessible to those members of staff who need access to it in order to provide and manage the service. Storing and processing this data allows us to provide a login for you to access content, to provide you with support about your subscription and to fulfil our legal obligations in providing the service.
Your credit card details are processed by Stripe, our third-party payment processor. Support staff are only able to see the portions of this information required in order to provide you with the services and support, such as the last 4 digits of your card number and the country of issue.
How can you manage the data we hold about you?
Subject access request
If you wish to make a formal access request to see the data Dave Conservatoire holds about you, please contact us via our contact form
If you would like a portable version of the identifying data we hold about you, please contact us via our contact form.
Right to Erasure
The right to be forgotten was established to enable a data subject to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no reason for it to be retained. If you would like the identifying data we hold about you to be erased, please contact us via our contact form.
Your rights and how to make a complaint
If you believe that the information we hold on you is incorrect, you may request to see it and have it amended or deleted. If you wish to make a complaint about how your data has been handled you may do so by contacting us via our contact form
Most websites, including those created or managed by Dave Conservatoire, will put small text files onto your computer or similar device, which are known as cookies. A cookie is a small piece of information placed in your web browser or hard drive that can be used to identify website visitors and to analyse website traffic. This allows us to understand how people use our websites and to improve visitors’ experiences.
Last Update: November 2022